Why is only Post title shown in Google Search results but not the Blog title?

Hi,

This is my first post here, First of all wanna thank @Mohammad bro for such a great forum.

Only post titles are showing here

Can u please help me fix this problem its not all of the posts which are giving me this error only the newer ones this problem starting occurring about 2 months ago so the posts which I’ve done about in the last 2 months only those have this problem only and is affecting my traffic as well.

You are most welcomed and thank you for joining the forum

Your question is really not clear. What exactly do you mean by only showing title? Search results shows only title, permalink and description snippet , what else do you want?

:sweat_smile: @Mohammad: He want to say that where is homepage title after post title in Google Search Results. If you look the attached image carefully than you can find that all the other links have Post Title + Home Page Title but the Red Underlined post have only Post Title…

Find and Replace your <title> to </title> tags with below code: (These tags were located just below the <head> tag under Blog HTML section)

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;item&quot;'> 
<title><data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/></title> 
<b:else/> 
<title><data:blog.pageTitle/></title> 
</b:if>

You Can Also Put Bellow Code in Your Template in Place of <title>---</title>

These tags look like what @Mr_Raja shared. I am only posting the advanced version of that tag that can also add 404 to not found pages.

<title>
  <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot;'>
    <data:blog.pageTitle/>
    <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != &quot;error_page&quot;'>
      <data:blog.pageName/>
      |
      <data:blog.title/>
      404 |
      <data:blog.title/>
</title>

Thanks for the help guys @Shivansh :slight_smile: @Mr_Raja The code you are pasting will totally change the way my titles show from Forexample | Softwareabyss to Forexample - Softwareabyss.

@alex_khan I am glad @Mr_Raja and @Shivansh picked you better than me :smile:

I will recommend the following code which we use on MBT

<title>
		<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot;'>
			<data:blog.pageTitle/>
			<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != &quot;error_page&quot;'>
				<data:blog.pageName/> - <data:blog.title/>
				404 | <data:blog.title/> 
    </title>

It creates different titles for homepage, 404 error page and Search pages and concatenates your main blog title on all your posts.

well, @Mohammad, I have shared the same code above. :smiley:

Thank you :slight_smile: for the great code || When i paste this code will this effect my SEO i mean my traffic when i update the title code ?

It will only make your blog more SEO friendly so of course in long term you can expect better results