I am running a wordpress blog and no matter what I do Google is not indexing my posts and I see no traffic from google search engine. I don’t know how to optimize my blog and get traffic from search. What is wrong with my blog? Why is google not indexing it?
Share your web URL here so we’ll give you the best recommended actions. However Submit a new sitemap in Google Webmaster Tools:
- Sign in on Webmaster Tools
- Select your target website
- Go Crawl (from Left Menu) and Select Sitemaps
- Click Add/Test Sitemap (Red button located at right top area of screen)
- Paste this code atom.xml?redirect=false&start-index=1&max-results=500
- Click Submit Sitemap…
You’ll find number of submitted and indexed items in bottom of above page.
I think, you should try “Fetch as Google” option in Google Webmaster Tools. You have just to follow the following steps.
- Sign in to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Select your site
- Go to Crawl>>Fetch as Google
- Enter The URL of your post and then click on Fetch button
- That’s it
I hope that after applying this, your blog page will be indexed in Google. And you should also try the suggestion of @Mr_Raja
make sure that your blog dont have any google penalty.
You have to add the - Google XML Sitemap Plugin or the Yoast Plugin, both of them automatically create a Sitemap for your site. This Sitemap should be submitted to Webmasters Tools. Additionally check your site;s robots txt and also go to your Dashboard- Settings- Reading and check if the Search Engine Visibility Box is unchecked.