What To Do With This European Union Cookie Notification?

I just saw this notification on my blogger dashboard, I just wanna know that what I need to do with this notification. Here is the screen shot.

Thanks For any kind of help.

Update: @Hassan All information related to EU Cookies notification has been discussed in this tutroial

:link: Customize EU Cookies Notice Bar in Blogger

How to Resolve the Issue of European Union Law about Cookies

I also got his. I was also going to post this in this forum. As it’ already posted, i also wants to know do we have to make any changes regarding this notification on our blog?

I’m not sure about the technicalities but I think they asked to display something like this >>

I am not sure which third-party features they are talking about. I closed the notification and skipped reading the Learn more link. :stuck_out_tongue:

may be European cyber unit has created some type of law for internet users? btw @Rohan what is that site in the snap?

I think it of from one of the sites of virgin.

@Rohan and @Nafees When I opened the learn more link. I saw this written on the webpage.

This means that you need to add a Cookie Policy link if you are storing cookie or tracking activity of your visitors using some third-party app.

I often add storage variables to store the last state of any element at mbt when a user performs an activity and I have also shared a tutorial on it at:

:link: How to set cookies using HTML5 in blogger?

So far I have not received any such notice from Google. Please recheck your widgets and scripts used on your blog to ensure you are not using an application which may be storing cookies. Normally such scripts belong to Analytics/Stats services or Ad networks

Note: Next time kindly explain the content inside images because it will help people better understand what you are asking and it will be SEO friendly too. We often delete posts which talk through images but not texts. You must have mentioned that the image refernces European Union Policy for cookies. @Rohan and @Shivansh and @samurai you guys should keep a notice of it and moderate the titles and category always

How to Resolve the Issue of European Union Law about Cookies

Okay @Mohammad. I will. Nice to see you helping again after so many days. :blush:

Note that all blogs which are created in a European country and has the country specific URLs (country-code Top Level Domain" or ccTLD) will automatically show the follow sticky Notice at the top when a user visits that blog:

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services, to personalise ads and to analyse traffic. Information about your use of this site is shared with Google. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies.Learn More Got it

The message will disappear when the user clicks Got it.

So The notice being sent to all users by Google emphasizes on the fact that Google will display this notice on your blogs to inform them about Google’s use of certain Blogger cookies and publishers are being informed that they must not hide this Notification bar using CSS Display:none property or by any means.

You must not try to hide this notice bar like we normally hide the Blogger navbar :wink:

If in case you have not hidden the blogger navbar then the message will look like this:

That’s all you were meant to know!

You can hide that notification bar from your blog (the notification bar will appear if a person will see your blog from Europe). To hide that notification bar, you can put this script (provided by Blogger) in your blog’s <head> section:

<script>
cookieChoices = {};
</script>

To see the notification bar in your blog, just add co.uk if you are using sub-domain. For Custom Domain users, no way exist to see that notification bar.

@Shivansh you are not supposed to hide it unless you have a custom way to display it. Showing it is a must. I am writing a post to explain this in detail. Kindly avoid hiding it at present

This page clearly says that you are responsible to show it if you are using custom templates. For custom templates the notice will only appear in European countries and is auto added by Blogger.

Okay. I will wait for your post on MBT. :smile:

Update: The post has been published at mbt. Which discusses this:

:link: When to Disable or Enable EU Cookies Notification bar?

The tutorial also describes how to see the Cookies notice bar in non European countries and on Custom Domains.

do i need to enable the navbar to show the notice because while i am hiding the navbar the notice is not showing.

You surely dont need to enable the navbar. You just need to add a script which i shared yesterday. Kindly read the tutorial I published at mbt.

@Mohammad my blog not showing any-kind of ads after or before adding the http://www.howi.in.prx.gb.teleport.to/
Please tell me what i want to do … I added the code to my blog

<!--Custom EU Cookies Notice by STCnetwork.org--> 
<script type="text/javascript"> 
  cookieOptions = { 
    msg: "This site uses cookies to help deliver services. By using this site, you agree to the use of cookies.", 
    link: "https://www.blogger.com/go/blogspot-cookies", 
    close: "Got it!", 
    learn: "Learn More" }; 
</script> 
    <style>.cookie-choices-info {z-index:999999!important;background-color:#333333!important;border-bottom: 1px solid #6FC415; color:#ffffff!important; 
        box-shadow: 1px 2px 2px #000;}.cookie-choices-info .cookie-choices-button{  background-color: #6FC415!important;border-radius: 1px!important;box-shadow: 2px 3px 2px #000;}</style> 

But nothing happen … Please help me
Now i am showing the message on my blog by adding it customize … Please help me to show it oly for European visitors only …

These ads are showing on your blog. But if you will open that link then ads will not show up.

What do you mean by ads? these are not ads this is notification

He was telling that after adding this code his ads have stopped working. Not the notifications.

I checked your blog and I see you have fixed things now. Did you?