What is the purpose of hrefland tag and how to add it in blogger?

Hy Friends!
Today when I opened Google webmaster tools and navigated to Search Traffic>>International Targeting, I saw the error stated as:

Your site has no hreflang tags.
Google uses hreflang tags to match the user’s language preference to the right variation of your pages.

I want you tell me that what does it mean and how to add hreflang tag in Blogger?
I’m waiting for your satisfying reply. :smiley:

Dear @saadwasil The hreflang tag allows you to show search engines what the relationship is between web pages in alternate languages. It’s useful when you’ve created content that’s specific to a local audience. The hreflang tag adds a signal to search engines that a user querying in language “x” will want this result instead of a page with similar content in language “y”.

Let’s Go Ahead with an Example:

If you create a Spanish-language version of your English-language homepage, you would tag it as “Español” by using hreflang=“es” so that searchers with an IP address that a search engine has reason to believe is in a Spanish-speaking country are served that page in Spanish instead of the English version. This can decrease your bounce rate and increase your conversions by making sure your target audience lands on the version of your page most appropriate for them.

I can’t help you much in adding this tag to Blogger, Cause I have no experience of Blogspot Blog’s.

I Blog for Living!

Hit Like if my answer helps you in your question.

Hello @saadwasil ,@prince Explained Very Perfectly about hreflang now i will tell you how can you add it in your blog-

Go to Blogger >>Template >>Edit HTML >>Below <head> paste this code-

<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="http://example.com/" />

Now Replace The Following-

en to the language your site is in. ex- es for espaniol etc. and change example.com with your site address.

Finally Click SAVE. Now when google will try to index your site it will examine that this site main language is in english and show results according to it…

Hope This Helps You :smile:

@saadwasil If you are a English blogger , Your blog content’s Rank on other Country’s like Spain was low , So if you try to write the same topic in Spanish language , Your blog will get better rank on Spain than the English bloggers blog . The hreflangtag will help the Search Engine to redirect from English Topic page to Spanish Topic easily .