What are User Trust Levels?

Blogger Help Forum does not quite trust new users yet, as they are visitors who just created an account, still learning the community norms and the way this forum works. Whether accidentally, or intentionally, new users can cause problems to the community. We also want to hide “advanced” functionality from new users to make the User Interface (UI) less confusing for them and gently land them on the deeper UI as they get more experienced.

Users with different trust levels can be identified by badges they receive. See full list on the Badges Page

Thus, new users’ abilities are restricted for safety – both theirs and ours.

New (0)

They are users who just created a new account.

Users at trust level 0 cannot…

• Send private messages to other users
  • Reply as new topic in the right gutter (UI removed)
  • Flag posts
  • Post any images
  • Post any attachments
  • Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
  • Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
  • Mention more than 2 users in a post

Basic (1)

If a user sticks around long enough to read a bit, Discourse now trusts them as a basic user.

They can get to trust level 1 by…

• entering at least 5 topics
  • reading at least 30 posts
  • spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

• use all core Discourse functions
  • Upload images and attachments if enabled
  • Edit wiki posts
  • Flag posts
  • have all new user restrictions removed

Members (2)

Members keep coming back to the site, and have participated long enough to earn complete citizenship.

They can get to trust level 2 by…

• visiting at least 60 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 20 like
  • receiving at least 50 like
  • replying to at least 50 different topics
  • entering at least 30 topics
  • reading at least 200 posts
  • spend a total of 80 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

• Use the “Invite others to this topic” button for one-click onboarding of new users to participate in topics
  • Invite outside users to PMs making a group PM

Ninja (3)

Ninjas are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time. They are extremely regular and participate actively.

They can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

• must have visited at least 50% of days
  • must have replied to at least 300 different topics
  • of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 35%
  • of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 45%
  • Must have read a minimum of 1000 posts at all time
  • Must have viewed 700 Topics at all time
  • must have received 100 likes, and given 40 likes.
  • must not have received more than 2 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • must not have been suspended

*These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs. All of these must be true.

Unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements, whether from flagging or the passage of time, you will be demoted to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted.

Users at trust level 3 can…

• re-categorize and rename topics
  • access a private “frequent flier’s lounge” category only visible to users at trust level 3 and higher
  • have all their links followed (we remove automatic nofollow! )
  • spam flags cast on TL0 user posts immediately reach the action threshold

Admin (4)

They are the real Big Guys i.e. Leaders of the community, granted with all administrative privileges. They are responsible for maintaining the forum decorum and keeping it alive and clean. They are the only folks you need to approach first for reporting security threats or asking for critical help.

For Further Trust Level Details and Explanation kindly refer to Discourse

Why my Trust Level is not incrementing?
What are the ways to get quality backlinks for a new blogger blog?
Welcome To Blogger Help Forum
Author & Update itemprop Missing...What To Do?
Which is The Best Way To Build Quality Backlinks?
How to Host Blogger domain on a sub-directory and Not sub-domain?

@Mohammad, Why I am not getting Ninja Badge? I have visited 52% days and received 63 likes and given 56 likes and read 2100+ post in all time and views all topics created in 75 days. When I will get this badge?

UPDATE: Finally I Got Ninja Badge!

The trust level system is auto updated by Discourse based on feedback from the community. In order to ensure people focus more on building the community and less on backlinks, the system is built full proof to ensure only the best users are promoted and indeed you are one of them. So work harder as you do and focus more on your participation. Avoid receiving negative flags because that badly deteriorates the criteria for users to qualify to the next level. The system pushes users back on low scale when they receive negative flags.

Kindly read the new TL3 requirements and stay updated via this page. You have visited the forum 39 days so you are at 39% and not 52%. You can keep a track of your performance from the User Directory

What if someone gets negetive flags? How much it get affected due to it. How can he regain his trust in the community?

By simply making sure he receives more likes and receives positive flags next month