SHOCKING NEWS: Google is shutting down Google Code Project Hosting!

Hello Friends, This message,i heard a shocking news that I am sharing to you. It says that Google we will be turning down Google Code Project Hosting which they started in 2006 with the goal of providing a scalable and reliable way of hosting open source projects.

Google Sent Me a Email and Said:

Hello,

Earlier today, Google announced we will be turning down Google Code Project Hosting. The service started in 2006 with the goal of providing a scalable and reliable way of hosting open source projects. Since that time, millions of people have contributed to open source projects hosted on the site.

But a lot has changed since 2006. In the past nine years, many other options for hosting open source projects have popped up, along with vibrant communities of developers. It’s time to recognize that Google Code’s mission to provide open source projects a home has been accomplished by others, such as GitHub and Bitbucket.

We will be shutting down Google Code over the coming months. Starting today, the site will no longer accept new projects, but will remain functionally unchanged until August 2015. After that, project data will be read-only. Early next year, the site will shut down, but project data will be available for download in an archive format.

The simplest option would be to use the Google Code Exporter, a new tool that will allow you to export your projects directly to GitHub. Alternatively, we have

documentation on how to migrate to other services — GitHub, Bitbucket, and SourceForge — manually.

For more information, please see the Google Open Source blog or contact google-code-shutdown@google.com.

-The Google Code team

As Said by Google, we have to move to github before august. So If you are hosting your codes on Google Code then start migrating! :smile:

Ooohhh Google you can’t stop making us shock :sob:

can you explain what is including in google code ?

all .js files using in your templete which are uploaded in Google Loader for Developer’s.

I have hosted some js to create some widgets. Now, these widgets want refresh. :frowning:

Google is never consistent with its free services and their TOS is a clear evidence of it. They stopped orkut and then Googlepages and then the story went on.

You guys can still host your JavaScript and files at Google sites or yourjavascript.com which accepts uploading. The best advice would be to buy your own web hosting which isn’t that expensive. It will save you all the headache of moving from one platform to another.

Would next action be on Google hosting meaning Blogger Free Hosting?

What about hosting script on Google Drive ?

@Mad, Google’s This Decision don’t affect script that are hosted on Google Drive. :smile: