I need criticism and suggestions on my blog

@Mohammad I tried to design a basic template with old blogger templates, minima. I use a lot of your tutorials and various SEO tips and widgets di MBT.

I used a light blue base color #0080ff and pink #ff00ff to make characteristic because title of my blog meaning is light blue and pink

If you have a lot of time, I hope you take the time to check out, there may be something wrong or something that I miss. this time I still fix it in order to fully responsive. my blog is www.biluping.com (Indonesian language)

These are all questions I want to ask :slight_smile:

• My blog is good in SEO?
  • I put an ad well?
  • Navigation to perform well?
  • Design my blog look attractive?
  • There anything that limits the robot spiders?
  • Too much javascript?
  • Meta tags are correct?

I need suggestions and criticisms from all

I would love to review it in a while and give my full review advice :angel:

You have asked for a review with full explanation and that is what I recommend others to adopt this approach when asking for their site review instead of just posting links with one liners

I think your blogger blog’s seo is fine. and you have also putted three ads on post pages. Hmmm About the design, I want to tell you some design suggestion:

1. You should use jquery website in all your hover effects which add some beauty to your blog’s template.
  2. You can use the twitter feed widget in light theme. Because your blog’s template is also on light theme.

your template’s loading time is fine and not having too much javascript. You are good to go!

@Mohammad I am glad you are going to review my blog. I will patiently await. I’m asking questions that a burden my mind. I think, if not ask detailed, you also will find it hard to explain what I want

@Shivansh Thank you for your suggestion. I deliberately use twitter dark theme because I think, people will not notice it when it’s just all white. I tried to draw attention because I was planning to put adsense after twitter feed

ok as you wish. But don’t put many ads in your blogger template :smile:

Yes, I do not put too much. I was testing where the best location for my page. Now I just put two ads (header and post) and 1 ad links. but there are no ads in the sidebar so I think putting an ad :smile:

but I am still waiting for an increase in visitors to do

It’s a well structured blog, you don’t need to do anything more, I use the same structure for my blogs. The only thing you could do is add another ad unit below the post title as your above the fold content is well optimised.

@Sujata thanks for your advice.

Before … I put an ad under the title of the post, I then think that looks bad when two adjacent advertisements (ads in the header and advertising on the blog title). It does not matter in the desktop but when looking through the mobile, the two ads that are very close. So I moved it to between posts :smile:

Hi dear @fadlybiluping

Here are some of the recommendations I can suggest.

Your written skills are fair enough as that can be evident from the long text that you produce effectively. Your design skills surely needs improvement but I am sure you will improve them with time.

1) My blog is good in SEO?

Your blog SEO is not quite good. You need to make these changes

• Your blog is missing Dynamic Meta Description. Go To Blogger Search preferences and enable search description. After that go to your template and add the following code just below tag
 <b:if cond='data:blog.url != data:blog.homepageUrl'> 
    <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != &quot;item&quot;'> 
    <b:if cond='data:blog.metaDescription != &quot;&quot;'> 
      <meta expr:content='data:blog.metaDescription' name='description'/> 
    </b:if> 
  • Next install Microdata tags properly on your site because your rich snippets are not displaying correctly in Google+. Read this post
  • Also try to add sub-headlines while writing posts using <h3> tag. This will favour you in SERPs
  • You don’t need to show date headers because you run a blog not a news site so disbale it by pasting this code just above ]]></b:skin>

.date-header {display:none;}

• There is no 404 Error page on your blog. Create one by reading this tutorial

2) I put an ad well?

The leaderboard is properly placed but instead of adding ads below the fold, try to add them always at top. You must add an AdSense Content unit below post titles and replace the link unit at bottom with a content unit. Please read this post

3) Navigation to perform well?

I see you have added the responsive drop down menu but kindly add links inside it. Rest they are properly placed and well managed

4)Design my blog look attractive?

You can make your blog look more professionally by customizing it a bit. Instead of installing a new template, try changing the backgrounds and borders yourself so that you may improve your design skills. The color is bright and looks great but the color choice for borders and objects is not well chosen. You can improve the interface by using FontAwesome Icons and Google Web fonts

5)There anything that limits the robot spiders? No your blog robots.txt file looks fine

6) Too much javascript?

No your blog is not over-scripted and looks great in terms of load time

7) Meta tags are correct? Meta Keywords are dead and no need to add them. You can remove this

<meta content='2015: Tulisan pembuka, biluping, astronomi, planet, hujan meteor, komet, fenomena astronomi, informasi astronomi, impian, kisah inspirasi' name='keywords'/>

Also install the meta dynamic description that I adviced earlier too.

This was the most sincere advice i could give :innocent:

I just came back online (a few busy days out). Thank you for your great review and advice. I have tried to follow some of your suggestions, but some like the colors and the link (in the process)

I do not need to put adsense in the sidebar? adsense only allowed 3 units ads content and 3 link units, You advise to replace link unit with the content unit. I have had one in the Header, under the title and then (like your suggestion) one replace ads link unit place

how about this?
<article class='post hentry' itemprop='blogPost' itemscope='itemscope' itemtype='http://schema.org/BlogPosting'>
<b:if cond='data:post.firstImageUrl'>
<meta expr:content='data:post.firstImageUrl' itemprop='image_url'/> </b:if> <meta expr:content='data:blog.blogId' itemprop='blogId'/> <meta expr:content='data:post.id' itemprop='postId'/>

… other code …

<div class='post-body entry-content' expr:id='&quot;post-body-&quot; + data:post.id' itemprop='description articleBody'>

I take from the standard template blogger

Better Change it to ones I shared in the earlier post because these are the same tags Blogger’s official blogs like Blogger Buzz is using. I checked your blog and also the piece of code you just shared. All these sites have incorrectly installed microdata tags with too many unnecessary tags.

Like there is no need to mention itemprop value blogpost when you are already mentioning itemtype as blogposting.