How to Remove date from Google SERP only for Homepage [Solved]

@Mohammad @Shivansh @Nitishk

Well , I am facing little bit strange problem that in google SERP, My blog name shows date just before it.

As like given in below image

But when i search for MBT blog, i found this

So that i want to remove this date from Homepage Only, not from posts in google SERP. Even i have search for solution in internet for couple of weeks. Still not getting the right solution.

So, Here is some required details.

1. I have used custom template built by me.

2. Used Google rich snippets tags and open graph tags.

3. Below is the list of meta tags used by me in this template.

<b:if cond=‘data:blog.pageType == “index”’>

- Archived - Page Not Found -

Please, Guide me over this issue.

@Nitishk

Can You Help me over this issue ??

I have done editing template on my own and wait for 14 days.

Still, this issue is not solved.

Thanks,

Robin Singh

I think these dates will not affect your blog’s seo as well as rankings , but waiting for @Mohammad Bro for his reply and suggestions :smile:

I guess you are looking at a cached entry. The date is Dec 26, 2015. I just did a query on your site and google was showing it normally without any date appended. You might have seen this date stamp because your blog was too new at that time.

Google bots cover several trips before it could understand the hierarchy of your blog pages.

Improve Blog SEO:

Always noindex your archives and search pages. They are considered as duplicate content and often invite Google Panda. Instead of using the conditional tags (you mentioned) for enclosing your title tag, use the following which we use on MBT and all client sites:

<title>
        <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot;'>
            <data:blog.pageTitle/>
        <b:else/>
            <b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != &quot;error_page&quot;'>
                <data:blog.pageName/> 
            <b:else/>
                404 | <data:blog.title/> 
            </b:if>
    </title>

Appending your site title after every page is not a bad practice but I am personally not in favor of it.

You have already noindex archives but also do it for search label pages. For noindexing search pages but allowing links to followed add the following code just below the closing title tag:

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot; and data:blog.url != data:blog.homepageUrl'>
 <meta content='noindex,follow' name='robots'/>

Hope this helps buddy =)

@syncboost I also read your feedburner post. Really appreciate your efforts. This idea is great and I would request you to kindly share full details always on forum and do not encourage readers to read it at your blog because this habit could motivate other forum members to start doing the same and ultimately spamming the forum. Hope you understand. :innocent:

@Mohammad

Thank you for your kind words…

I have Updated Tags in my template as you suggested. (Awesome, :yum:)

I will keep all of your suggestions in my mind before sharing anything here in future.

Thanks,

Robin Singh