How to optimize Header Tags in blogger blogs?

Many free templates are available for blogger.com but these all in have SEO issue. Optimize header tags is one biggest issue in blogger templates.anyone can tell me, how to remove these errors from a blogger free template?

Note:I already read the various article from the internet about the issue, but they are spam for me. these are not work on my blog template. so please help me.

What i want?

Heading tags should be assigned to titles based on their priority. The most important heading on the page should we wrapped in an H1 tag. For a post page, the most important title will the title of the blog entry. The Blog’s name and the sidebar headings are not as important as the post title. By default, Blogger homepage uses the below heading tag distribution

h1>Your Blog Title

h3>First post’s title

h3>Second post’s title

h2>Sidebar Gadget title

The Sidebar Gadget titles are not as important as the post titles. So we will reorganize these tags to:

h1>Blog Title

h2>first post’s title

h2>second post’s title

h4>Sidebar Gadget title

By default, Blogger post page uses the below heading distribution

h1>Blog Title

h3>The post title

h2>Sidebar Gadget title

We will reorganize this to

h2>Blog Title

h1>The post title

h4>Sidebar Gadget title

Solution:

@adeelarsal I wrote a detailed tutorial on this because we were receiving too many requests for this tutorial. Please read:

:link: Show the Missing <h1> Tag in Blogger Homepage Title

@adeelarsal you can easy setup Header tags inside blogger templates…

The Best SEO technique to apply on header tags should look like these…

1: The Blog Header/Title will remain on h1 tag on all pages… 2: display h2 for title on homepages, archives, 3: We display h1 tag for title only on posts pages for better rank in SERP…

For Sidebar, Title remain it on h2 title tags

Lets come to the coding, how to display h2 on homepages and h1 on post pages.

1 Go To Blogger >>> Template >>Html >>

2 Now Search for >>> post-title entry-title

3 you will get looks like below coding>

<b:if cond='data:post.title'>
      <h2 class='post-title entry-title'>
     <b:if cond='data:post.link'>
       <a expr:href='data:post.link'><data:post.title/></a>
     <b:else/>
        <b:if cond='data:post.url'>
          <a expr:href='data:post.url'><data:post.title/></a>
          <data:post.title/>
        </b:if>
      </h2>

4 Replace the above coding with the below one.

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType != &quot;item&quot;'>
<b:if cond='data:post.title'>
      <h2 class='post-title entry-title'>
       <a expr:href='data:post.link'><data:post.title/></a>
          <a expr:href='data:post.url'><data:post.title/></a>
      </h2>
      <h1 class='post-title entry-title'>
      </h1>

Save you done almost…Now you posts pages would display H1 title and rest all pages will display h2 title…

If you are still getting an issue in your blog. Then we can provide you live editing…

Backup your template and send it here: templatezy.info@gmail.com We will do all the possible customization. thanks.

<h1> tag missing in home page in Blogger
H1 and H2 Tags Blogger Home page

I loved the answer by @Templatezy because he has given the perfect solution to this problem. It is true that default blogger blogs are not SEO friendly and has headline tags applied in wrong hierarchy order. Headline tags play an important role in defining the difference in the importance of content headlines. They tell search robots which healdine should be given more importance than the other. These tags are arranged in decreasing order of importance which means H1 is more important than H2, H2 is more than H3, and so on for H4, H5 and H6.

In blogger the best way to reorganize the headlines for better SEO is to follow this order::

1. H1 tag is the most important - Used for Post/Page titles on item pages.
  • Item pages are your Posts and Static Pages.
  1. H2 tag is the second most important - Used for Post/Page titles on Index Pages
  • Index pages are the Homepage, Search Pages and Archive Pages
  1. H3 tag is the third most important - Used for Sub-headings

You don’t need to worry about remaining H4, H5 , H6 tags because they are less important in terms of SEO and have same effect like when a text is bold styled.

Sidebar headlines can not be altered because they are auto added when widgets are created and that is the default header tag used by blogger. But this must not cause any effect on your SEO because what you submit to search engines is your sitemap XML file which includes only your posts content within the Post Body section. Your sitemap file does not include your blog Header, Footer or Sidebar, it includes just the Posts.

Hope this answers your question :smile:

thank you so much @Templatezy it’s working :smile:

yeah @Mohammad he is provided a right solution for mine issue but in these days I am faced another issue “data structure error in contact us page” can you tell me about resolved it. see this image for detail

I read many times your stcurture data resolved article but it don’t have a solution of my problem :smile:

@adeelarsal You can easily remove the item with errorrs by adding the following code in your template.

1: Search for the below tags in your template.

<div class='post-body entry-content'>

2: Now Paste the below coding after it.

<div class='postmeta-primary'>
<span class='post-author vcard'> 
Posted By:
<span class='fn author'>
<span itemprop='name'><data:post.author/></span>
</span>                               
<span class='meta_date'>Last Updated on <span class='updated'><data:post.timestamp/></span></span>   
</span>
</div>

3: Save your template and you done almost.

but if you are still getting an error then give me your blog URL. i will guide you further…

@Templatezy I try to find it but did not find an anywhere.

<div class='post-body entry-content'>

so now you can tell me how to resolve this issue in mine blog, below I mentioned a blog address

http://www.appsforpcnow.com

Buddy let me reach home, I am online via mobile phone and at hospital . Will give you the solution instantly

@adeelarsal I would like to say, that in your template something different… you have to find this below tag.

<div itemtype="http://schema.org/BlogPosting" itemscope="itemscope" class="post hentry customized-post-template">

And right below it past the given code.

<div class='postmeta-primary'>
<span class='post-author vcard'> 
Posted By:
<span class='fn author'>
<span itemprop='name'><data:post.author/></span>
</span>                               
<span class='meta_date'>Last Updated on <span class='updated'><data:post.timestamp/></span></span>   
</span>
</div>

I hope this will surely fix your problem, but if cant you can send me your template by PM requesting my email

templatezy.info@gmail.com

and after resolving your issue we will send it back to you.

OR

wait for @Mohammad Reply.

@Mohammad I am waiting your reply and hopefully it may be helpful to me. :slight_smile:

@Templatezy I try to find your given code as per your instruction but can’t find it anywhere.

so decided to send you an email :slight_smile: you will receive an email from this address and hopefully, you will solve my issue.

adeelarsal@gmail.com

@Mohammad I am waiting your reply :smile:

@adeelarsal We customized your template almost.

Check your email, we already send it to you…thanks.

@adeelarsal and @Templatezy you guys are going off-topic Adeel start a new topic for data structured errors , kindly don’t post two questions on a single topic. This distracts both search engines and readers

@Templatezy kindly copy paste your given answers on structured data to the new topic when Adeel creats it. Adeel you kindly do the same and delete the off-topic posts from here . Sorry guys , we got to keep it clean :wink:

Hey, @bintangrksgn, Why you are spaming everywhere by leaving off topic links to advertise? Kindly, Don’t Post these links. If you want to get a backlink, Go to your profile preference and edit there.

strong textplease i just created a blog i dont know how to design it like other people blog … i need help on how to design a blog,i was invited here and i like it in here. E-mail:emavillee@live.com FB:emmysmith163 Twitter:smithvillee1 thanks to you guys

Well, I think, You are a newbie here and also on Blogger. For creating a Template from Starting, You can start a new topic and wait for some experts to reply you. :smile:

And, NoBody want your twitter username, email or Facebook username for contacting you. They can just click on reply button and send you the message. :smiley: