How to add a Related Post in Blogger Sidebar?

Hello Everyone, :innocent: I have started a video blog and I want to add a related posts/related videos like widget in blogger sidebar (like one on youtube sidebar). Can anyone tell me how to add that widget in blogger? Thanks in advance. :smiley:

Would really appreciate detailed step by step help

Can You Provide your blog URL Please? :blush:

Hello dear @abdullah! Welcome to Blogger Help Forum.

I have your problem’s solution. I have found one similar blogger widget. While searching, I found that one blog have already published that widget. So you can visit it and follow their instructions to get it live on your blog!

Visit it Here!

Thanks!

and

bsbeginner.blogspot.com :smile:

Bro It didn’t worked for me! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

What happened?

Noting, I just told you my site’s link. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

No I am asking Why Didn’t it work?

I don’t know but When i add the code, it didn’t work! :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Firstly, stop leaving that 10+ smilies on one post. One will work perfectly!

And secondly, kindly refollow that whole post carefully. It will work surely!

@Shivansh I don’t need to add unnecessary smileys but when i write a comment or a post, I says that it must be 280 characters or check out the :heart: button. What to do then ???

You Can Try Adding Popular Posts Widget In Blogger. :smile: It Is Just Like Related Posts Widget

Yeah! that’s what I’m looking to do! :smile: :heart:

You Can Add A Stylish Popular Posts Widget In Sidebar By Going To This Page :smile:

Well, ngtechzone, their a difference between Popular Post widget and Related Post Widget. Related Post widget simply show the post which are related to the post which user is reading/browsing and in other hand, Popular Widget shows you the most popular widget of a blog.

@Abdullah- If you’re looking for how to add ‘Popular Post’ widget on a blogger blog, then here’s what you have to do-

1. Go to Blogger Dashboard > Layout > Add a Gadget
  2. Choose Popular Post widget from that link and customize it in your own way.
  3. Click on that orange ‘Save’ Button.

Next, look at your blog (just open it) and you’ll be able to see the popular widget on your blog. :smile:

Thanks!

Yes I Know It But I Was Just Suggesting @Abdullah To Use Popular Posts Widget If He Doesn’t Find Any Answer.

Also The Main Difference Both Of Them Is That Related Posts Always Shows Posts With Same Labels Whereas popular posts show posts with mixed labels.

Hope You Understand Now :smile:

Hope we solved @Abdullah’s question now. But I would like to know how to add a related posts widget in blogger blog’s sidebar. I tried editing the Recent Post widget by changing the Feed links but it did not worked. I think ‘Related post in Sidebar’ needs a chunk of JavaScript code and my knowledge is low in JS. Hope! @Mohammad will develop it in some time… :blush:

Try To Change Height And Widgth Of Linkwithin Widget I Hope This Would Work :smile:

No. The main problem is grid view. I am unable to change it into list view. To display perfectly in Blog’s sidebar, I would have to change that grid view into list view. I think it can only be done if someone play with JavaScript. :smile:

@Shivansh I agree. and I also request @Mohammad to add a tutorial for “Adding a Related Post in Sidebar” on MyBloggerTricks :slight_smile: