How do I customize Widget styles in Blogger Mobile View?

In the mobile view I have the widgets setup to show. Widget titles and their contents are completely butted up to the left side with no spacing/padding. How do I add about 5-10px of padding to this?

Desktop - http://infernalwriting.blogspot.com/

Movie - http://infernalwriting.blogspot.com/?m=1

Thanks for you time, Steve

To edit the stylesheet of widgets when the mobile view is active, make the following changes to your Mobile CSS

1. Go To Blogger > Backup your template

2. Click Edit HTML

3. Search for this CSS class

.mobile .widget ul {
margin:0;
padding:0 0 0 0px;
list-style-type:none;
}
  1. Replace it with this custom styles:
.mobile .widget ul {
    margin:0;
    padding:0 0 0 10px;
    list-style-type:none;
    }

.mobile .footer-inner .widget h2, .mobile .sidebar .widget h2 {
padding-left: 10px;
}
  1. Save your template and you are all done! :smile:

The above code will add a padding of 10px to the left side of both the widget h2 headline tags and the Footer menu link list

Mohammad,

Thanks for the CSS info much appreciated. The CSS works as posted here with not issues, however it only answers the question 50%.

I have tried looking around otherwise and messing with the CSS supplied first but cannot seem to get the content within the widget to pad left as well. The widget headers/titles are padding just fine as indicated yet I can not see how to pad the content over as well.

Thanks Steve

Misread the contents part , will post that too when I am online via desktop

Something has gone wrong and I can not find what the issue is to resolve it.

For some reason, something I did really trashed by template. I have rebuilt it completely from scratch, being very careful and watchful so it did not happen again. Long story short I am back to where it was with two minor issues.

1.) The previous 50% from the initial question still remains.

2.) When I look at the site in desktop Firefox and desktop Firefox mobile view, it generally looks okay - http://www.infernalwriting.com/?m=1. When I look at the mobile site on my Android, it does not look correct. Here is a screenshot from my Android.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to fix this it would be awesomely appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

.mobile .widget ul { margin:0; padding:0 0 0 10px; list-style-type:none; }

.mobile .footer-inner .widget h2, .mobile .sidebar .widget h2 { padding-left: 10px; }

I have no idea about this. thanks for the tip bro.

Facing serious problems in customizing my blogger template

Hi @InfernalWriting,

you may always backup your template before editing it and that is one thing I strongly recommend. This is the only way to restore the template in case of a sudden mishap. Right now if you have no original copy saved as a backup then you will need to add styles from scratch.

As far as the design conflict in android is concerned, kindly activate the mobile view so that I can see where you went wrong. At present you have deactivated the mobile option

For adding padding to the content part do this:

1. Go To Blogger > Backup your template

2. Click Edit HTML

3. Search for this CSS class

.mobile .widget ul

1. Just above it paste the following:

.mobile .widget-content { padding: 10px; }

Mohammad,

Thanks again for the info.

1.) This CSS fixed the padding issue

2.) I feel like a complete n00b… I think it was an issue with my Android. After clearing cache and reloading, it displays fine at the moment.

Thanks, Steve

You are always welcomed infernal. Feel free to ask more questions by opening new topics