Google Takes Back ‘Ban’ on Sexually Explicit Content

One of our fellow member and a kind contributor of Blogger Help forum @Templatezy recently made us aware of the change in policy for Blogger blogs.

The Google Team sent us all a notification on our dashboard saying - “Starting March 23, 2015, you won’t be able to publicly share images and video that are sexually explicit or show graphic nudity on Blogger.”

The news I am going to break in this forum could be quite shocking! Now, They have decided to take back the ban on such content.

PROOF: “…So rather than implement this change, we’ve decided to step up enforcement around our existing policy prohibiting commercial p**n.” says Jessica (Employee of Google) in her update.

Kindly have a look: http://www.blogger.com/content.g

What do you think would have made them (Google) change their decision?

Tagging people who participated in the previous conversation: @Mohammad @Shivansh @whattechsays @Templatezy.

Thank you.

P.S. The news was first seen by me on AmfasTech blog.

The change to Blogger's Adult Content policy announced previously is not being implemented

I am not able guess. Removing Nude Photos, Sexually Explicit and Adult things will obviously make internet more secure for children. I think this decision of Google is not so good. But If Google had taken this decision, this is sure that there is very serious reason that made Google Change their decision.

Google just making bad decision :confounded:

Request

Instead of using strong words like P**n and similar better use the words like explicit content because that is more ethical and somehow the above words are auto detected by the forum system and removed through a filter system.

As far as this new development is concerned we need to wait before Google officially announces it through their forum. however the news of taking back their strict ban against such sites is not quite alarming because unfortunately internet companies are more profit motivated then moral-motivated. They would sell anything that brings good market shares and explicit content is one of it which can be seen quite frequently in youtube too

This is Blogger’s Content Policy

Adult Content: We do allow adult content on Blogger, including images or videos that contain nudity or sexual activity. If your blog contains adult content, please mark it as ‘adult’ in your Blogger settings. We may also mark blogs with adult content where the owners have not. All blogs marked as ‘adult’ will be placed behind an ‘adult content’ warning interstitial. If your blog has a warning interstitial, please do not attempt to circumvent or disable the interstitial - it is for everyone’s protection.

There are some exceptions to our adult content policy:

1. Do not use Blogger as a way to make money on adult content. For example, don’t create blogs that contain ads for or links to commercial p**n sites.
  1. We do not allow illegal sexual content, including image, video or textual content that depicts or encourages rape, incest, bestiality or necrophilia.
  1. Do not post or distribute private nude or sexually explicit images or videos without the subject’s consent. If someone has posted a private nude or sexually explicit image or video of you, please report it to us here.

Extract taken from http://www.blogger.com/content.g

@Mohammad, I will take care that the words are toned down the next time. However, the word was not modified or altered in anyway to maintain the exact quote of an employee from Google, I prefer not altering words that are in double quotation marks. Thanks for letting us know and for making the necessary changes in the post.