Everything is black hat in SEO

Hi everyone,

I am wondering after matt cutts said that Guest Posting is black hat. If everything is blackhat in SEO then what we should do to get higher rank in Search Engine

I know quality content and meta data, but its not enough to get rank

Thanks, Muhammad Haris

@mhmdharis White Hat SEO is the opposite of Black Hat SEO. Generally, White Hat SEO refers to any practice that improves your search performance on a search engine results page (SERP)while maintaining the integrity of your website and staying within the search engines’ terms of service. These tactics stay within the bounds as defined by Google. Examples include:

1. Offering quality content and services
  2. Using descriptive, Keyword-rich meta taga
  3. Make your site easy to navigate.

For Complete list of seo tactics read this Complete list of Seo tactics

@mhmdharis Could you kindly quote the exact statement from matt cutts or at least point to the page where he made such a statement because I find it difficult believing.

Hi,

Matt Cutts said: “If you’re using guest blogging as a way to gain links in 2014, you should probably stop.”

Thanks

That is pretty justified. He is not stating Guest posting as black-hat or a bad practice. What he means he is that you must surely post articles on your related niche as long as you are not doing it for the sake of just getting a backlink from a non-niche site.

You can surely gain links from sites that relates to your content but you must not guest post at sites which are not related to you in niche