ERROR 500 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR in Wordpress

Hello Every one
my blog is hosted om wordpress with hostgator
I got an error on my site time to time
ERROR 500 - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
Please help me how i can solv this I have no coding knowlage.

My website www.hindimehelp.com

Please anyone give me step by step tutorial to solve this error
Thanks to every one here.
@denharsh

@RohitMewada This one is hard to fix with one try. Here are steps to follow:

1. Check your .htaccess file & make sure the WordPress default .htaccess codes r there.
  2. Disable all plugins & enable them one by one to check for culprit plugins
  3. Ensure your caching plugin is not the culprit

Please can you tell me the default .htaccess code. And how find caching plugin error I have no idea what can I do.

Thanks for reply

@RohitMewada You can get default WordPress .htacess file from here: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/i-destroyed-my-site-default-htaccess#post-904266

agreed with harsh. disable all plugins… i will recommend first disable any cache plugin. and 2nd check ur .htaccess file. if you have implement prety permalinks then just ignore this code

BEGIN WordPress

RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

END WordPress

and remove all other codes from ur .htaccess

plz reply if it works for u

Hello Rohit,

If you haven’t found out the solution yet after @denharsh’s and @imrannazish’s provided fixes; get with HostGator to help you resolve the problem.

Check with them if anything is maxing out i.e. memory, etc.?

Do tell us as it gets working!

ok no pblm … try this one also

1. have u recently done any modification in ur site???

2. try another theme just for finding what is the exact pblm… just install any theme and activate it and watch if error fix or not…

3. backup ur current .htaccess file and save it in ur PC then delete .htaccess file from hosting.

plz inform ur status thanks

Thanks I found culprit plugin w3 total cache