Domain Redirection DNS settings and Domain Forwarding for Godaddy

Hi Guys I hope you all are good. My question today is how to add domain I mean to put a redirect on blogspot domain so it goes from .blogspot.com to the new .com domain I have been searching the whole internet for adding the Godaddy Can anyone please tell me the steps or give me a tutorial to watch? Thanks The platform I am using is Blogger.

I will add another question if you please .Will new domain loose SERP that old has already? Is there any way to prevent it?

@alex_khan This Is How I done It. After you set up the domain on your blogger blog you will get a option like this

Now Click the option if you want it. Then just save it. And you will get something like that.

@Nick

• Go to web master tools open the site of your choice.
  • At the right top click settings button Click change of URL Add your new URL.

@ HassanTahir

in the list I cant find the url I want to redirect to!.How can I delete other my mistake urls from this list

Thats not what I am asking @HassanTahir I need the full tutorial

Blogger has changed its DNS settings for Godaddy. Previously they had a tool which we discussed here

Read

Now you need to do it manually because the simplied tool is no more working

Setting Blogger DNS settings for Godaddy

First follow the steps that @HassanTahir shared. When you click “Save” Blogger will give you two security tokens. One short and one long. You will need that security tokens when setting up the DNS settings at Godaddy.

Next follow these steps

1. Log in to your account at www.godaddy.com.

2. Open the Domains tab.

3. Click the Manage button next to the domain that you’d like to use with your blogspot blog. You’ll be directed to the Domain Manager page.

4. At the bottom of the “Total DNS” section, click Total DNS Control and MX Records.

5. In the box labeled “CNAMES,” click Add New CNAME Record. If you’ve already created a CNAME record for your blog’s address, click the pencil icon next to the existing CNAME record.

6. In the “Name” section, enter www.

7. In the “Host name” section, enter .ghs.googlehosted.com. Specify a TTL or use the default setting of 1 hour. For example, if you picked www.mydomain.com as your address, enter www.mydomain.com.ghs.googlehosted.com.

8. Click OK.

9. In the box labeled “CNAMES,” click Add New CNAME Record again.

10. In the “Name” section, enter the short security token.

11. In the “Host name” section, Enter the long security token. Specify a TTL or use the default setting of 1 hour.

12. Click OK > OK.

Forward your naked Godaddy domain to www

Blogger does not redirect immediately your yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com, you will need to do it yourself which is quite easy.

1. In side the your Domain Details page under the Settings Tab you will find the option called Forwarding

2. Click the manage link next to it and then a popup will display

3. Click Add forwarding

Godaddy domain forwarding

1. Insert the details as shown in the screenshot below. Choose http:// and then insert your fill domain name including www. After that select 301 permanent redirect and then finally check the box. Hit ADD

2. It will take around 24-48 hours for your domain to be fully forwarded. Enjoy a coffee till that time.! :smile:

Hope this answers what you were looking for :innocent:

Trying to change domain name of my blogger blog

Thank you Mr. Mohammad for your kind help I really appreciate that :slight_smile:

@Nick Make Sure the new domain you want to replace with it You have added it in your webmaster tools.

@Hassan Have I keep the old url in WMT? Because it has a lot of statistics .Whitch url in webmaster tools should now check ?

You should have to keep the previous one

sitemap too? same?

thanks for all your concern !

@Nick yes the sitemap too. It will take a few days for the changes and please do it on bing webmasters too like the same way. Like if it helped

This one works for me too. Thanks @Mohammad