Custom template ruined my posts section - please help

Hi Guys,

I wanted to change my blogger template to something more professional and now I’m starting to regret it. I downloaded the demo version of Velocity template. Still, I tried to be smart - to try it out first I started a test blog, where I installed the template and it seemed to work just fine.

I decided that, since it worked fine on the test blog, I can use it on my real blog now. Unfortunately it didn’t work and corrupted the blog-posts widget. Right now some posts have no title and fromatting but what is more interesting - every other two post look ok on the home page.

I’ve got no idea what went wrong here. I think I’ve already tried everything - I compared source codes for both test blog and real blog and I cannot find any discrepancies between them. What is more, I reset the blog-post widget a couple of times (changing Blog1 into some other numbers etc). Still, I wasn’t able to accomplish anything but getting post titles above the photos, which looks like nothing the template promised.

I was wondering if anybody would be able to help here. Do you know what might have gone wrong? I wanted to post links here, but unfortunately I can’t do it as a new user… I would very appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Please Give the url of your blogger blog which is faulty.

The test blog is here: catustestus.blogspot.com And here is the real corrupted blog: catusgeekus.blogspot.com

I’ve tried one other template from this developer (Veethemes) and the situation is the same - it works great on my test blog and shows the same type of corruption on my real blog, so I guess there must be something wrong with my real blog.

See this topic. Nick Also used the same template.

Nafees, thank you for your suggestion - unfortunately it didn’t work (blog looks the same). I guess my problem is a little different than Nick’s - please note that some posts on the main page display correctly - the third and fifth post for example.

Would it help if I gave you the address to my source code? I must say, I’m really puzzled about it - even why I copy-paste code from my test blog into my real blog the bug still apprears. I was wondering if it is possible that it has nothing to do with HTML? Or maybe I tampered with the template too much?